Monday, September 1, 2008

Refreshed, Renewed, and Refocused!

We disappeared for a week to the Smokey Mountains. Now for those of you who think "Wow what a great vacation!" I must tell you it was mostly business. We attended Polishing the Pulpit a preacher's workshop from Sunday-Thursday. They also had women's classes which I really enjoyed! We were pretty much in meetings all day minus lunch and dinner. So, most of these pictures were taken Thursday after the conference ended. We had a lot to do and only a day to do it in! It was a much needed break and I felt more spiritually renewed than I had in a long time. It is so easy with everything going on to lose our focus on things. I needed to be reminded of God and all the things he has given our family! Chris and I felt more relaxed than we had in a VERY long time...he does so much painting sometimes he doesn't get to do what he loves most...the work of a preacher! I am so proud of him and everything he does for our family!

I must also tell you that my mom and dad were able to come with us too! The brought along the RV so we didn't have to pay to stay in a hotel! That was a big help! We had a great time with them and love them more than words could express! It was funny...cause when people would ask where Jack was I would say he is with our "Nanny", I would then explain our Nana :)

We went to the Dixie Stampede Thursday night and Jack LOVED it! He kept pointing and yelling "look, horsey!"

He clapped the whole time! It was so funny!
This was taken at the end...can you tell who was TIRED!
Cat napping on the way to the mountains.
This was Jack's bath tub all week. It worked out really well, and he loved it!

Jack being silly! Only God could make something this beautiful!
Buddies!
Precious!




I LOVE this picture of my mom and dad!



No comments: