Boys....wow...they are rough, tough, and at times out of control. When God made me a boy mom I was the happiest woman on earth....I prayed the day we had to make an ER visit would never come (I know, I know, not possible) This past Sunday night, we got home late from the youth devotional after evening services and Jack declared he was still hungry. Well, like a good mom I fed :) He had a full tummy and was ready for bed. I told him to head to his room and the next moment I heard a thud! I usually pause before reacting...but this time Jack didn't get up and he was screaming!!! Luckily Chris was first on the scene...he calmly asked me to get a rag to stop the bleeding! I heard the word blood and freaked...then Chris warned me we would be going to the hospital...Yes, I then freaked some more! Staying calm is not one of my strengths!!! After waiting in the ER waiting room for an hour Jack fell asleep...he continued to sleep through the entire process! What a blessing!!! They were able to glue his chin closed and the next morning he was at it again!!! So thankful that my husband was with me...he was so calm and in control. It made me love him even more!!!
This is Jack's first boo boo (on his head) that he got at the babysitters when I was substitute teaching one day. I thought I would share since he was so little and sweet here! 
Here is the before picture....sorry if you have a weak stomach...don't look too closely!
All glued shut and still asleep! Poor baby!
This is Jack's first boo boo (on his head) that he got at the babysitters when I was substitute teaching one day. I thought I would share since he was so little and sweet here! Here is the before picture....sorry if you have a weak stomach...don't look too closely!


2 comments:
My second hospital trip was for the same thing except my brother had thrown a pillow at my head and I had slammed my chin into his dresser. That's a really easy place to bust. I had to have stitches.
In all my 27 years of living, the only thing I've ever done is bust my chin 3 times...I feel his pain. It's not fun! I had stitches all 3 times, where was this glue stuff when I was a kid!?
Post a Comment