I love the story hour before Easter! They have fun snacks for the kids, books and songs about the Easter bunny, and an egg hunt! However...I did make the mistake of telling Jack the Easter bunny would be there (he was last year). Jack was so excited...but the bunny didn't show. I felt so bad...He looked at me and said, "but Mommy, I love him and I was gonna sit on his lap!" So parents take note...NEVER tell your kid something unless you have investigated it before hand lol! Ok..the title implies there is to be big news announced in this post....you will just have to scroll down to see!
This is what is left of our playgroup crew at story hour! They are quite the group! So precious!
Sweet Caroline is still at the top of Jack's favorite buddies list! I can't believe how big they are!


Now for the main event! It has nothing to do with Easter eggs....It has everything to do with Jack and the American flag!!!
That's right folks...Jack Butler participated!!!! He held the flag for the first time in 2 yrs! This was big news for us and EVERYONE had their camera out to witness the moment...we were all in disbelief! He was so proud as you can tell with his hand on his hip :) Jack is surprisingly shy in situations like this and anything that makes him uncomfortable at all he does not want to do...it was a big day for him and me! I had decided not to push...it makes things worse...on his own he took a huge step and my heart has never felt so proud. I know it is just a flag, but to me it was a moment that told me Jack is gonna fight through those feelings and mature! Yay for my boy!
Now for the main event! It has nothing to do with Easter eggs....It has everything to do with Jack and the American flag!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment